Men, like women, are very sensitive to diseases of the genital area, and therefore should carefully monitor their well-being, paying special attention to the discharge from the urethra during sexual arousal. This is because a secret is beginning to emerge from the penis that can judge men's health. In men, you will now learn what discharges are natural when waking up and what pathologies they indicate.
What is the norm?
To know which discharge from the penis indicates the development of various diseases, you must first understand which is normal. And these are:
- Heart disease. It is the name of a clear liquid that does not have a specific odor, which occurs during sexual arousal and serves as a lubricant. At the same time, very little clear fluid is released from the penis and does not cause any discomfort to the man. There are some sperm in the lubricating secretion that are also motile and easily penetrate the partner's vagina, which can result in pregnancy. For this reason, those who do not want to have children in the near future are advised to use a condom not at the end of sexual intercourse, but at the beginning of sexual intercourse (only if the woman does not accept OK). make.
- Sperm. It has a bony consistency and a white color, does not differ in a specific odor, and begins to differ from the urethra only when it reaches the maximum peak of arousal. It contains a secretion produced by highly active sperm and sex glands. If this fluid enters a woman's vagina during ovulation (which occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle), the chances of getting pregnant are 80-90%, even if there is a small amount of discharge at the end of sexual intercourse. It should be noted that some men associate this phenomenon with pathologies, but this is not the case. If other symptoms are not bothersome, this phenomenon is mostly related to the physiological characteristics of the body.
- Smegma. The penis is a secretion produced by the sex glands near the head. It may have a yellowish or whitish color and may give off an unpleasant odor. Accumulation of smegma in the area of the penis glans is not pathological, but indicates insufficient adherence to the rules of personal hygiene.
All these secretions with strong sexual arousal are the absolute norm. But with other symptoms (pain in the penis or groin, itching, hyperemia, a peculiar odor, etc. )
Pathological discharge from the penis
As already mentioned, it is normal for men to have mucus when they are aroused. What to do if there is blood or pus impurities? Of course, do not sit down and see a doctor as soon as possible. After all, the presence of unnatural impurities in the secretions of the penis always indicates the development of pathologies.
When discussing why there may be a specific discharge from the urethral canal in men, the following pathologies with similar symptoms should be noted:
- Inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, provocateurs are various pathogenic microorganisms.
- Oncological diseases.
- Inflammatory complications that occur after an injury during a stroke or surgery.
In men, the most common health fears and anxieties occur when they notice bleeding from the urethral canal during ejaculation. The most common causes of bleeding from the penis are oncological diseases that affect the prostate gland, testicles or spermatic cord. However, in this case, there are other symptoms that are characteristic of these diseases:
- Pain when urinating.
- Red staining of urine.
- Temperature rise.
- Mucous clots may come out of the urethra (observed in the later stages of pathology).
It is important! Cancer is a dangerous disease that can be fatal. And therefore in no case should not be delayed by treatment. Development in men often occurs against the background of formed prostate adenoma, which does not respond to adequate treatment.
If a sticky transparent secretion, a viscous consistency, which emits an unpleasant odor from the urethra, begins to appear, it indicates the development of infectious diseases transmitted directly during sexual intercourse. Additional signs of their presence are itching, redness of the head of the penis and the appearance of a rash on it. The most common infectious diseases affecting the male genitourinary system are:
With the development of infectious processes, the secretion from the penis contains a large number of leukocytes, which makes them viscous. Thus, pus impurities can be noted, which already indicates the complex course of these diseases. If there is no pus, this is not a reason to delay treatment, as such diseases can lead to the development of phimosis. Circumcision is a condition characterized by adhesion of the skin to the glans penis and can only be removed surgically.
Other infectious diseases can also cause pathological discharge from the urethral canal in men, the development of which requires immediate medical attention. These include fungi, staphylococci, streptococci, etc. of the paired genitals (testicles) or urethra. There is also defeat by. They may be bothered by itching in the perineum, swelling of the scrotum or glans penis, and hyperemia.
Diseases such as:
- non-gonorrheal urethritis;
With these pathologies, a blood secretion can also be revealed from the urethra of the penis, complete with pain in the groin, head of the penis and scrotum. Weakness, an increase in body temperature, and difficulty urinating are often noted with development.
What to do?
If a man notices a discharge from the urethra that is not typical for him during sexual arousal, you should immediately consult a doctor who will help determine the exact cause. For this purpose, as a rule, a number of diagnostic measures are prescribed:
- Urethral smear for bacterial culture.
- Examined by a proctologist.
- General analysis of urine and blood.
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs, etc.
As soon as the doctor determines the cause of the pathological discharge, he prescribes treatment that can reduce the manifestations of the disease and prevent the development of complications in its background.
If a man does not consult a doctor and does not undergo a full course of treatment, it can lead to the progression of the disease and irreversible consequences, which will affect not only the quality of sexual life, but also health. common
After all, some diseases of the genitourinary sphere during ejaculation cause bleeding, so a man can die suddenly. And to prevent this, when a pathological discharge appears, it is necessary to postpone sexual intercourse and consult a doctor. Only in this way you will have a chance to avoid the development of serious complications and protect your men's health for many years.